Bisetti's story begins in 1945 and is one of the few companies that still continues to produce wooden table and kitchen tools in Italy. The combination of skilful local artisan tradition and mastery, with the most modern tools and equipment, guarantees the high-quality standards needed in the market of the new millennium.
Each product is entirely produced in our facility in order to guarantee the highest quality control. The production has not been and will not be moved to the Far East in order to guarantee and maintain the high quality standards that distinguish our "Made in Italy" products. The use of FSC timber ensures the protection of the worldwide forest resources with respect for the people and the environment. A correct management of the forests for a better future.
Bisetti cooking stones are ideal to grill meat, vegetables, cheese or other food, using just a drop of oil: once heated up on the cooker, they can be directly placed on the table as cooking surfaces, by making use of a little cooker to keep the obtained heat constant.
But, before using the stone for cooking, it must be subject to a preventive treatment. This latter is only required once before using it for the first time and has not to be repeated: the use itself of the product will serve as maintenance.
Once completed the treatment, the stone will change color from light grey to black. To clean, simply use a sponge, rinsing the stone under warm running water. Any dry residue can be removed using a sponge with salt, without using abrasives.
The instructions can be summarized as follows:
- Oil the stone on both sides.
- Put the stone into the oven still cold and heat it up for half an hour at a temperature of 150°C.
- Let the stone get cold till room temperature, repeat the oiling and put it into the oven again for other 30 minutes, but this time at a temperature of 200°C.
- Once reached again the room temperature and washed, the slab will be ready for use both on the cooker and on the oven.
- Excellent thermal properties. It gets hot slowly and uniformly, cooking food with the whole surface and not only with the bottom.
- Once reached the ideal temperature, it can keep it with a low flame, favoring also the energy saving.
- When it is removed from the fire, it gets cold slowly the same, keeping the food warm for a long time.
- The natural non-stick properties characterizing the talc prevent the food from burning or sticking to the surfaces and this makes the cooking stone cleaning easier at the same time.
- Being not subject to the action caused by alkaline acids, its composition remains unchanged and makes it odorless and tasteless, avoiding possible food contamination by any residue. So the food taste is naturally enhanced, preserving at the same all organoleptic qualities.
- Dimensions: 9.85 x 15.75 in / 25 x 40 cm
- Made in Italy